Sunday, October 19, 2014

Oh the Meh!

This is really bothering me so hopefully getting things off my chest will make things right in the world...that is until everyone affirms that my customer service mojo is just all kinds of wrong. That happens, there may be tears.

My dislike of 3rd party bookings is probably well documented. Really, they're horrible. Lately a lot of them have been coming in via fax without actually being in the system. How the heck does that happen??? It's not that I mind manually putting them in, but crikey - it's going to cause a huge issue some day, that's all. And really, that's neither here nor there in regards to this problem guest. Beyond the fact that yes, 3rd party. Now, there was an issue where the housekeeper missed that they had taken down their DND and so their room never got cleaned  - clerk on duty scrambled and made a quick pick up job of it which made them happy.

Apparently not. Actually - at check out, the gentleman who came to the desk was amiable enough about it all - he thanked us for taking care of the room, I apologized and we were good. Went on my merry way - no huge issues which makes for a very good day! And then this harpy of woman comes up - nothing was right...the lobby toilet wouldn't flush, it rained, oh wah-wah-wah....I honestly think this woman was gunning for a freebie.  So she throws down this "we won't be staying here again" gauntlet.  Not only are my hands tied, but since you don't want to stay here again, I can't really offer a discount of any sort for a next stay - not that she wanted it. She wanted to stay for free. So...good riddance.  There really wasn't a point in explaining 3rd parties to her cause, really, she wouldn't care.

Still...it bothers me to the pit of gut.

 This afternoon's been pretty quiet so far but I got a call that makes me think it's me sometimes. Reservation wanted, best deals and all that great stuff. I work out a discounted rate and the caller's a freaking travel agent...if you can get better deals as a professional, go for it. Why harass me about it? She was a bit difficult to understand too - I'd say either drunk or on something. Really leaning towards her being on something. Not a great time to go around reserving rooms.

She could have saved us both a lot of trouble by saying she had a set rate with us.  Though now that I've talked with her, I'm going to find out why. She doesn't stay with us a lot and really comes off like a nasty person. We have enough of those here paying better rates!

Ugh...there goes my gut again.  Please be kind!

No comments: